- The Prairie Fire Race Series does not offer refunds or transfers for any reason.
- Packet pickup will be held Saturday, May 6th at the Prairie Fire Spring Expo in conjunction with KidFest inside of Century II Expo Hall.
- All packets must be picked up at the expo.
- There is NO RACE DAY packet pickup.
- Packets cannot be mailed to participants.
- Participants unable to get to packet pickup may have someone else pick their packet up for them. Their representative must show a copy of the participant's photo ID and a note authorizing the representative to pick up the packet in order to claim the packet and premiums.
- The fee for changing races is $10. Races can be changed online via the original outlet that you used to register (PFM RunSignUp or Active.com). If you register by mail or in person, you must notify the Prairie Fire Race Series office before 5/4/17 to change races.
Where do I park on race day?
How do I register for the Prairie Fire Spring Half Marathon?
All participants must register online or complete the registration form and return by mail.
When is the last day to register for The Prairie Fire Spring Half Marathon?
Online registration ends at 12:00 a.m. on May 5, 2017. If you don't register online you can register for all of our races at the expo. The expo will be held on May 6th at Century II Expo Hall from 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Where do I pick up my packet?
Prairie Fire Spring Expo/KidFest
Century II Expo Hall, 225 W. Douglas Ave.
Date: Saturday, May 6, 2017
Time: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Can you mail my packet to me?
No. All packets must be picked up at the expo.
Can I pick up my packet on race day?
No. Packets must be picked up at the expo on Saturday, May 6th. There is no race day packet pickup.
Can a friend pick up my packet for me?
Yes. Participants unable to get to packet pickup may have someone else pick up their packet for them. Their representative must show a copy of a photo ID and a signed note with confirmation signed by the registrant to pick up the packet and premiums.
Can I change races?
I am injured. Can I get a refund?
Sorry, but we do not give refunds or transfers. Participants unable to participate may pick up their runner packet and turn in their timing chip. They can also have someone else pick up their packet for them. Their representative must show a copy of a photo ID and a signed note with confirmation signed by the registrant to pick up the packet and premiums.
What is the age limit for the races?
Participants must be 12 years of age to run in the half marathon and 6 years of age to run in the 5K.
Where is my chip located?
We will be using the BIBTAG chip timing system for both the start and finish of the race. Your race number is also your "chip" for timing. Race numbers must be worn on the front of your shirt or shorts for easy viewing. Do not cut or fold your number in any way. Race numbers are non-transferable and may only be worn by the person to whom it was assigned.
IMPORTANT: Please take the time to write out emergency contact information, medical conditions and any allergies on the back of your race number for medical personnel should you need assistance on the course.
What happens if I leave my number in my hotel room on race day?
In the unlikely event that you forget to bring your number on race day and do not have time before the start of the race to retrieve it, please visit the information tent by the start line and see a race official.
Can we keep our race bib?
Yes, you will be able to keep your BibTag number after the race.
Will sports drink be available at the hydration stations?
Yes. Water and Gatorade will be available at hydration stations throughout the course.
Are strollers allowed in the races?
How long is the course open?
The half marathon course is open for four hours beginning at 7:30 a.m. The course closes at 11:30 a.m. If runners choose to continue after 11:30 a.m. they do so at their own risk. After 11:30 a.m. you will be asked to move from the streets to the sidewalks and obey all traffic signals along the course.